Q – I have an old house/barn/shed/out building I want to get rid of. Will the fire department come out and burn it down for me?

A – Unfortunately, due to environmental issues, and liability concerns, we no longer burn standing structures for town residents. The structures must be demolished, and the materials hauled to approved disposal sites. We suggest that if you wish to dispose of a standing structure, you contact the DNR.